To promote and safeguard the interests and privileges of Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners
- (a) To promote membership of the Federation to thoroughbred racehorse owners within New Zealand.
- (b) Generally, to take all necessary steps to promote, develop, maintain ad safeguard the interests, rights and privileges of thoroughbred racehorse owners.
- c) To review all matters relating to or arising from legislation; to consider existing statutes and their effects on owners; to originate and promote such beneficial amendments as may from time to time be found.
- (d) To represent the general interests of all thoroughbred racehorse owners in discussions with other racing industry organisations.
- (e) To promote and facilitate activities between owners at a provincial, island and national inter area association levels
- (f) To make submissions, policies or comments on any legislation law reform, report, document or proposal affecting the interests of thoroughbred racehorse owners and the racing industry generally.
- (g) To do such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of such objects.
- Relationship Management & Partnering
- Owners’ Race-day Experience.
- Monitoring expenses associated with racehorse ownership
- Relationship Management
- Maintain an ongoing level of engagement with all thoroughbred owners;
- Create meaningful partnerships with NZTR, Clubs and other stakeholders for the betterment of thoroughbred racing in general;
- Revamp and revitalise our website as a knowledge and communication hub that is easy to navigate and a ‘one stop shop’ in the future; and
- Rebrand who we are!
- Owners Race-Day Experience
- Work with NZTR and Clubs to improve and standardise the owner experience on Race-Day;
- Ownership card, ownership lounges; and
- NZTR Racing Ownership Project Focus Group.
- Abolish Nominations and Acceptance Fees
- Maiden through to Listed;
- Nom fees for Group Races only;
- Increased revenue needs to address reducing owner costs rather than just increasing stakes; and
- NZTR reduces its bad debt owed by owners!
You can download a copy of the NZTROF Constitution here for a detailed overview of who we are and how we operate.