Welcome to …
Hawke’s Bay Thoroughbred Racehorse Owners’ Association
Our region covers Hawke’s Bay and Poverty Bay.
The HB Association runs an Awards Dinner in conjunction with the Hawke’s Bay Breeders’ Association.
We also hold a Members’ Day with the Breeders where the Owners’ Association supplies a meal for a nominal sum along with the Preferment Syndicate who host a dry till for two hours.
We also run a Bi-Monthly Trophy of $220.00 to be won by one of our members.
A successful Awards Cocktail Party was held on Friday 2nd October 2020. The results were:
- Award 1 Chouxmaani Investments Ltd 3-Year-Old of the Year Winner: Chucka Luck
- Award 2 HB/PB Owner of the Year (points): Simon Wilson (Dez)
- Award 3 HB/PB Trainer of the Year (Wins): Guy Lowry
- Award 4 HB/PB Trainer of the Year (Strike rate): John Bary
- Award 5 HB/PB Breeder of the Year (Wins): Chris Russell.
- Award 6 HB/PB (Breeder of the Year (Points): Chris Russell & Chris Walker
- Award 7 HB/PB Trained Horse of Year: Paul Nelson & Corrina McDougal (Peso)
- Award 8 HB/PB Broodmare of the Year: All of Magic
- Award 9 HB/PB Owned Horse of the Year: Dave Morison (Alabama Express)
Notes re the awards:
- Award 1 Chouxmaani Investments 3YO of The Year – for the highest Stake winning 3YO
- Award 7 Trained Horse of the Year – won by the horse who wins the most stake money
- Award 8 Broodmare of the Year – selected by the Breeders
- Award 9 Owned Horse of the Year – for the highest winning stake winner in Australasia
We look forward to welcoming new members to our region!
Bernard Hickey, President
President: Bernard Hickey (NZTROF Delegate) - National President NZTROF
Vice President: Lee Somerville
Secretary: Peter Johnstone (since 2007)
- Isobel Roddick
- Lindsay McIntosh
- Shirin Wood
- Derek Hill
- Tony Lyndon, 1989-2020
- Graham McCormack
- Brian A Murphy 1979
- Bill Stevens
Henry Taylor was the Association’s Secretary for approximately 20 years, initially during the Presidency of Bill Stevens and then Tony Lyndon, who held the role of President for 31 years.
Peter Johnstone took over the role from Henry in 2007.
Contact: Peter Johnstone (Secretary)
06 844 4889 firstname.lastname@example.org